Small Business Networking Tips
Are your networking skills up to speed ? If not here’s some tips on to maximise your time invested in networking and gain the best results.
1. Elevator speech. Describe yourself concisely and impressively. Get to the point. Be clear about who you are and what your business does.
2. Be different. Differentiate yourself. Aim high. Be best at something. Don’t be bland and dull.
3. Help others. Help others and you will be helped. It's not all about you. Put in and you will receive. Contribute and help others.
4. Personal integrity. Integrity, trust and reputation are vital for networking. Build trust and alliances with others. Referrals will then follow but don’t expect them. You have to work at it.
5. Relevant targeting. Build alliances with like minded groups and targets.
6. Plans and aims. Plan your networking - and know what you want. Have objectives about what you want and how you can participate and add value.
7. Follow up. Following up meetings and referrals makes things happen. Do this without delay. Lack of follow up reflects poorly on the referee and will reduce the chance of turning the lead into $$.
8. Be positive. Be a positive influence on everyone and everything. Great attitude gets great results.
9. Sustained effort. Be focused - and ever-ready. Work had and the rewards will follow. Just do it.
10. Life balance. Being balanced and grounded builds assurance and focus.
Networking works and gets results. Get involved now!!